• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel sheet

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can excel sheet be imported to robohelp file, I am trying to create a help file for content which is excel file. So, it would be helpful if the excel file content has an help content built within.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think you can click File > Save as and save an Excel file as an HTML page. Then you could import that resulting HTML page into RoboHelp for inclusion in a project.

Linking from your Excel file to help content may be possible, but without knowing more about the situation it's difficult to say.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That was helpful.

Also, can you tell me how to upload Robohelp content (whether it is webhelp or HTML help) to SharePoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I'm not a "SharePoint person". So some of this is pure guesswork on my behalf. I'm assuming SharePoint offers some interface that allows you to work with the files? Something akin to Windows Explorer? Maybe even integrating with Windows Explorer in some way? If so, that's one way to "upload" the files. You essentially navigate to the folder where the WebHelp output files live and copy them over.

One other way is to use the Publishing wizard built into RoboHelp to do it for you. You configure it to point to your SharePoint location in the SSL recipe card.

tmp1.png

Notice that I'm not saying anything about HTML Help. I'm assuming that to mean a CHM output. And that's because this output type will not work in something like SharePoint. That output is intended to only work when it launches from each user's hard drive.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

As you mentioned, I saved the excel sheet as html and loaded into RobeHelp Project. But, the webhelp does not display that topic. See above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to present the HTML page on its own without RoboHelp in the mix? If not, that warrants some investigation.

What about after it comes into RoboHelp? Are you able to preview it?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to open the html page on its own. Only after I imported into a Robohelp project and try to display as a WebHelp, nothing is displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, hard to say what's at play without seeing things first hand.

Are you able to send me either the resulting HTML files you saved from Excel so I might import into a project to see first hand?

If so, zip them up and send to rickstone1975 (at) gmail (dot) com using http://www.wetransfer.com

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is the excel sheet in html. Your help is appreciated.

Thank You,

Geetha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

The reason I suggested WeTransfer is because you cannot attach here in the forums.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did send an email with the attachment 'jive-493491708-3ff35-2-4rz6b@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again, you cannot just send an email with attachment. The attachments are stripped away when received. That's why we recommend an intermediate service such as WeTransfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, my organization doesn't allow me to use wetransfer.com. What would be our next best option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try sending what you were trying to attach to my personal email I listed earlier?

rickstone1975 (at) gmail (dot) com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp