• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting into MS Word

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Is it at all possible to somehow export or retrieve MS Word output from RoboHelp 2015 other than the standard generate Output > Printed Documentation > MS Word? At my job, my teams needs MS Word version of our RoboHelp project content; however, the standard method cannot be used due to macros being disabled for security reasons. Simply copy-pasting test from RH to word can be tedious, so are there other ways? Thank you. My research cannot seem to locate other ways .

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RoboHelp for Word was a separate program that enabled users to create online help using Word as the editor. RoboHelp 10 was the last version to ship with RoboHelp for Word. Your post is about creating Word documents from RoboHelp, the reverse procedure. It has therefore been moved to Printed Documentation.

Unfortunately there is no way to generate printed documentation from RoboHelp HTML with the macros disabled. It's rather like taking the engine out of the car and expecting it to still work. Surely IT could allow you to change the setting just while you generate the document? The whole point of disabling macros was to stop malicious attackers sending a document laden with bad macros. These macros are written by Adobe.

The best I can see is that Chrome allows you to copy the contents of a web page so you could work through your online help and keep copying the content into a Word document. Don't expect it to retain your layout, look pretty or have functioning links though.

If your company wants something half decent, they have to take a pragmatic view and allow macros to run, at least while you generate the document. Yours is a special case compared with other users.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp