Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting topic metadata?

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I currenlty use Robohelp 2015 to create/manage an intenral employee knowledge base for the company I work for. Without going into a massive amount of detail, we are currently going over a major system overhaul and replacing the systems used for our employees to help customers. This new platform has a built in knowledge base and we'd like to start transferring some of our data into this system.

I've been asked to compile a list of the topics and all the metadata associated with that topic, but after the past week of trying to figure it out on my own, I'm unable to figure out how to do this. I am just trying to export metadata for each topic, ideally something that shows what images are attached to each topic page as well. Is there a way I can do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the reports available. The Images report lists each topic and the images in them. Topic Properties has a bunch of options you can configure.

The reports should be under "Tools", either in the menu or ribbon (I'm not sure which Rh2015 has). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, I had already scoured the reports and wasn't able to get what I was looking for.

I may have to circle back and ask exactly what they're needing because to me it sounds like they want to be able to take some kind of file that they can then scan in to their system and point it at the correct images it needs. I don't know if that would even be possible with anything Robohelp outputs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Metadata (data about data) is a very broad term, so yes, more information about what they really want will surely help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp