• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to Generate Output in PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Generating a PDF file in Adobe 2019, shows error message as Failed to combine files into PDF.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem. A further update is due soon and I hope the fix

will be in that.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ravic56036097,

There is a known issue with broken links or files with non-ASCII names. If your project has none of these then is it possible for you to share a minimal version of your project that reproduces the issue ?

Thanks

Ritesh Kumar

Adobe RoboHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ritkumar​ I believe you will find this issue with the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project (latest version with Surbhi).

I don't think the links or files contain non ascii names.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I am able to generate PDF from the sample that you shared with Amitoj. The sample that you shared on 31st December.

Is there any helpful information in the log file about the error ?

Thanks

Ritesh Kumar

Adobe RoboHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a couple of attempts with different copies, I got it working. One attempt failed as before. Another told me the was a broken link and refused to continue. The broken link was to default.htt and I had not selected a master page!

I can't work out what suddenly made it work. I changed the output path but I had tried that before.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are all waiting for Updates as PDF output is very critical for my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where to find default.htt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a list of steps to create a PDF. As you can see above, using the same project with no identifiable changes, on one occasion it worked, on another it did not.

Try changing the output path and try not using the index.

Beyond that, I think you will have to wait for the update that is expected soon.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide me your email id

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not on a public forum. Visit my website.

I don't have any more information than I have posted.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore the notice on the Contact page

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 4 is now available. Apply that and try again. Let us know if that fixes the problem.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

No. Output to PDF still fails most, but not all, of the time, and no I haven't yet figured out what's different when if works.

The more I look, the more I see broken links everywhere. No idea how that can be. The links work fine when viewing WebHelp Output.

This is a tough knot to untangle, I believe gremlins got into the code of my projects when they were created in RH2015 and I don't know how to get them out short of scrapping the whole project and starting all over again in RH2019.

PDF output is a non-negotiable delivery item for us here.

I think pasting images in is at the root of the problem. I think RH2019 is persnickety about user using ctrl-v as means of inserting images. In the web-course videos Matt was using the insert image button when he showed how easily RH2019 creates beautiful PDFs.  I have never added images to assets folder first, only ever ctrl-c/ctrl-v into the topic and every image link is listed as broken, but this theory is untested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share the project with me? If you can, see the Contact page on my site.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp