Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to generate Printed Documentation

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded RoboHelp 2019 (free trial) since our company had Robohelp 9 and then had problems with generate a printed docmentation, it only worked to generate microsoft HTML help and we need both, it always says that we need Word 2000 or later and that we have. So i thaught we should try 2019 to see if we just had a to old version of robohelp but now when i try to generate a printed documentation it says error failed to generare printed documentation but I cant see what the problem is. Do you have any solution? I need to know that it will work before we buy the product.

Thanks

Anna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I see that I cant even make a Microsoft HTML Help in 2019.

Is there any problems with converting an old robohelp projekt created in robohelp 9 to robohelp 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two different versions of 2019: Classic and New UI.

I assume you tried going straight to 2019 New UI. However, especially with such an old version, it will probably be better to go via 2019 Classic, fix up anything that breaks, then go to New UI if that's the version you decide to use.

Do make sure you take a backup of your project (as a zip file) before you try to upgrade to 2019 Classic. I would also recommend you make a copy in a different location and open the the copy.

There are also sample projects you can open, to check if the problem is with your specific project, or if there is an installation problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, where can I find 2019 classic? I only see one version of 2019, do you have a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is installed along with the new version. Look in your Start menu in Windows.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I found it and it worked to create the html version but still has problems with the printed version. Any idea why?2020-05-18 14_52_36-RoboHelp - Användarhandledning 2.25 - [Output View].png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Classic you must have a compatible version of Word. The error message suggests you may not have. See https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/robohelp-operating-system-microsoft-word.html

However, the suggestion was to upgrade to 2019 Classic, then to 2019 New UI, then generate. 2019 New UI does not require any version of Word installed.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry got some time away from working with RoboHelp, thanks for your support.

Dont know if im totaly confused but I opened the project in classic then saved it, then when I try to open it in 2019 I cant see which file I shall open. I try to choose "Import - HTML topic" and goes to the folder where I have saved my file from classic but doesnt have any file to choose. Is there something Im doing all wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to open the 2019 New and then use Upgrade Classic version. If you take a look at the sample project RoboHelp Reimagined it's all explained there. The samples show when you open RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp1.pngIt still doesnt work, I upgraded a classic project but then when I generate the printed version doesnt show more pages than three and microsoft html help doesnt work at all. Do you have any idea whats wrong? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help, I managed at last. I dont know if it it was that I changed the language to Swedish or if I deleted a word from the name "Hjälpfil" which contains a letter that doesnt exist in english. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you have found the solution. Try changing just one of those things to see which caused it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp