Highlighted

Failed to generate Printed Documentation

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded RoboHelp 2019 (free trial) since our company had Robohelp 9 and then had problems with generate a printed docmentation, it only worked to generate microsoft HTML help and we need both, it always says that we need Word 2000 or later and that we have. So i thaught we should try 2019 to see if we just had a to old version of robohelp but now when i try to generate a printed documentation it says error failed to generare printed documentation but I cant see what the problem is. Do you have any solution? I need to know that it will work before we buy the product.

Thanks

Anna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Failed to generate Printed Documentation

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded RoboHelp 2019 (free trial) since our company had Robohelp 9 and then had problems with generate a printed docmentation, it only worked to generate microsoft HTML help and we need both, it always says that we need Word 2000 or later and that we have. So i thaught we should try 2019 to see if we just had a to old version of robohelp but now when i try to generate a printed documentation it says error failed to generare printed documentation but I cant see what the problem is. Do you have any solution? I need to know that it will work before we buy the product.

Thanks

Anna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I see that I cant even make a Microsoft HTML Help in 2019.

Is there any problems with converting an old robohelp projekt created in robohelp 9 to robohelp 2019?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two different versions of 2019: Classic and New UI.

I assume you tried going straight to 2019 New UI. However, especially with such an old version, it will probably be better to go via 2019 Classic, fix up anything that breaks, then go to New UI if that's the version you decide to use.

Do make sure you take a backup of your project (as a zip file) before you try to upgrade to 2019 Classic. I would also recommend you make a copy in a different location and open the the copy.

There are also sample projects you can open, to check if the problem is with your specific project, or if there is an installation problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, where can I find 2019 classic? I only see one version of 2019, do you have a link?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is installed along with the new version. Look in your Start menu in Windows.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I found it and it worked to create the html version but still has problems with the printed version. Any idea why?2020-05-18 14_52_36-RoboHelp - Användarhandledning 2.25 - [Output View].png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Classic you must have a compatible version of Word. The error message suggests you may not have. See https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/robohelp-operating-system-microsoft-word.html

However, the suggestion was to upgrade to 2019 Classic, then to 2019 New UI, then generate. 2019 New UI does not require any version of Word installed.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0