• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File doesn't exist under File Status tab

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several files under File Status tab that have the status:  Doesn't exist.

ADV.ppf

pblsvrs.sss

XML Output.ssl

ADV = the name of my help project.  I output to CHM.  RH10

FileStatus.gif

What are these files and now can I fix, delete or remove from the File Status tab?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2016 Jun 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted my earlier replies as they were incorrect.  More tomorrow.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Rick Stone for off-lining me to point out these extensions are also created by RoboHelp. Where are you accessing this report, is it source control related and what version of RoboHelp are you using?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this message (error?) under the File Status Tab (View > Pods > File Status). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I eventually found it in RoboHelp 2015. Try deleting the CPD and then reopening the project. Make a backup first.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting the CPD file after I checked in my project this afternoon.  Then, I restarted  my project in RH 10.  Darn it, the files are still listed as "Doesn't exist."  These missing files aren't causing a problem (that I know of), but I want the project to be clean, tidy and error free.  Uggg!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In one of RoboHelp's own files there must be a reference to these files. That would entail opening the files in a text editor and searching for the reference, then manually editing it. Obviously this is not without risk so it must be done first in a backup of the project.

Are you happy enough to try that? If not, I am happy to take a look if you can share the project it will be several weeks though before I can. If you need my help, post back here and I will pick up with you once I am back online. Please do not send the project at this stage.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

I was able to clear two of the three files.  I found the PPF file on my coworkers hard drive.  We copied it over and that error is resolved.  The SSL file I resolved by creating an XML output.  Apparently, at some point in the past, someone created this type of output and left this file hanging.

The last file, SSS, still shows an error.  I'll keep working with it.  If I don't have any luck, I might get you to look at it.  Thanks for the offer.

Have a great day,

Shannon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp