FILTERS in merged project - search results, topic pane, and TOC

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FILTERS QUESTION /// I have a merged project (currently 25 projects merged, approx. 1000 topics) using RoboHelp 15, MSIE 11, Windows 7 ENT. I’m using filters. Sometimes the filter works perfectly (search returns only results matching selected filter), but sometimes the search results include topics that do not match the filter (YES! All topics have tags, so only the filtered content should be listed in the search results). AND sometimes when I click a topic in the search results the topic won’t show in the topic pane until I clear the search filters. All the merged child TOCs that don’t match the filter should disappear from the parent TOC nav pane, but only some projects/TOCs disappear.  Why does this happen? Is a tag somehow being applied at the text level without showing on the Project Manager? Is this a Master Schema xml issue?  Thanks for any insights.

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

1.4K

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018
I set up a parent and three child projects all with the tags A, B and C.I created three paragraphs and applied one tag to each.In their outputs, I defined the filters as A B C in that order.It worked without issue.Then I reordered the filters to C B A in each project and generated all again.The filter order showed as C B A and still worked.Finally I turned off filtering in all the projects except one.The filter options still appeared as I would expect but they have no effect on the topics except...

Likes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked for you. I got the idea by putting in a tag with an obscure name, then using a search tool to see where it appeared in any source or output file. It only appeared in rhbuildtag.apj. Clearly something else was forcing the order.

I then changed added a topic with a previously unused tag and that changed the order. At that point it was late at night so I made the suggestion you followed.

Whilst you have a solution, I think the problem should be reported as a bug. Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug/feature in this thread and others can vote for it.


See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Please use the Blue reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Enhancement request to improve the poor UX to order filters:

Tracker (RH-3208)

Bug report where for filter ordering to work you have to create a dummy .htm file:

Tracker (RH-3223)

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation