Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font sizes are different in the design and the preview

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Robohelp 11.  I have selected the font for all my paragraphs at Vedana and size as 10. When I see the preview I find the text size much smaller (size 8). The tables in my project have the same font and size (Verdana 10) . The preview shows this correctly. I am facing this problem for my paragraphs only. What could be the problem and how do I fix it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you zoomed in in any way? If you create a new topic, which size does the text have then?

There is probably something in the CSS going on that the design editor isn't picking up. Can you create an output and check it there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also make sure the topics don't have inline font styles defined. You may find it easier to check the HTML code. If there is inline code you may see something like:

<p style="font-size:8pt;">

or

<p font-size="8pt">

On a side note, the Design View does not display exactly the same way as the Preview, which is also not exactly the same as the final output in different browers. I would recommend viewing your output, to make sure it displays correctly, and not worry too much about either Design or Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have checked the code and it shows as <p style="font-size: 10pt,">. As for viewing the output, the preview and the generated output displays the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say Preview and Generated Help are correct so it seems it is only wrong in the Design Editor, correct?

If so Willam did ask earlier if you had changed the zoom settings. Have you?

Change one topic to the default CSS and see if you still have the problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The preview and the Generated Help are are displaying the same font size. The zoom settings are also not changed. Also i created a dummy test project and checked with the  default CSS and also with  the  CSS that I have been using in the project.  The preview and the generated output show the correct font size. It is only in the current project that im working on is throwing up this error.  I am reapplying the styles manually to all the paragraphs to get the correct output.  This a very tedious process as it is a very large project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2015 Dec 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if there is some styling embedded in the head section of the project. Is this a project you can share with me? You say it is large but how large? I have seen people describe projects as large when they contain just a few hundred topics.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This suggestion won't solve your main issue, but it could reduce problems in future. You should remove any styling that appears on any tags in your topics. These will over-rule any styles in your stylesheet. e.g. if you have a <p style="font-family: Verdana; font-size:10pt;"> and you change your stylesheet to Comic Sans 13pt, then the font on that paragraph will remain as Arial 10pt.

Note: there may be cases when you need in-line styling, so consider these cases before doing a find and replace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

I did create a output and checked it. The error is still showing.I have also checked the style sheet, the font size is 10. verdana.

Is there any other means of changing the font size in the output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp