Highlighted

Fonts not working in PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

After switching to RH 2020, and moving to another machine, fonts are not being reflected in the PDF output - despite the correct stylesheet being used. It does reflect the colours, and the settings clearly reflect those fonts in use.

Does anyone have idea what this could be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fonts not working in PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

After switching to RH 2020, and moving to another machine, fonts are not being reflected in the PDF output - despite the correct stylesheet being used. It does reflect the colours, and the settings clearly reflect those fonts in use.

Does anyone have idea what this could be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the fonts defined also available on the new machine?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I do. Those fonts are reflected in the settings, too. I can see them. But the output, such as PDF and Word, don't reflect those settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your first post in the thread I would have suggested trying selecting Embed Used Fonts but you have added the problem is also in Word.

Have you applied a master page with a different CSS applied to it?

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some testing, it appears to be an issue for fonts that I've installed specifically for this: Monserrat and Ubuntu. When I switch to other fonts, it seems fine. Those fonts are visible and selectable, however. But not in generated output.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the PDF it should work if you check Embed Unused Fonts.

In Word, you can only use standard Windows fonts. See http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2020/outputs/outputs_word.htm on my site.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this switched on all along. After returning to the project on my original machine - with RH 2020 - on the exact same project, that generates correctly. The same fonts are installed on both machines. I also tried it on a third machine, where it failed to recognise some fonts in the PDF export.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines