Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting in RoboHelp?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having issues with formatting in RoboHelp. When I am in RoboHelp I will have the format to show the Topic title to the left of the page, which is how I like it. However, when I create a printed document (PDF), the formatting of the topic title goes to the right of the page, which is what I don't want. I have already created a MaterPage on RoboHelp formatting the topic title to the way I want. I have also created a stylesheet that displays "Heading 1" to the left of the page and have changed my topic titles to "Heading 1." Still when I output to the PDF or Word, the formatting to the topic title is wrong.

How should I go about this?

Thanks.

1.PNG

RoboHelp Masterpage

2.PNG

PDF topic example ( "Program Features" should be formatted to the left)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think you might do well to take it in phases. PDF is always created from Microsoft Word. So first step would be to generate a Word document. After generating the Word document, does the same thing occur? If so, you know it's some setting in RoboHelp or that process causing it.

If the Word document looks fine, then you need to examine the settings in the PDF creation part.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply. The same issue is happening when I output to Word. What settings in RoboHelp would I need to change?

Thanks

Arianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arianna,

not sure if this helps you: I have encountered several formatting issues when creating output to PDF, especially with list formats, headers and footers, ... For me, the most easiest way to proceed is to generate the output to Word (not PDF) without using a Word Template (setting "Use style from Stylesheet" and "Use CSS: NONE) in the output settings. In Word, I then make the necessary adjustments like headers with paragraph control, nice looking lists, headers and footers. Once you know which elements to adjust, this is done in a couple of minutes. Then, I create a PDF from that Word document.

I tried the way with using a Master page or a Word Template to get a perfectly formatted output, but this was much more work and something always didn't fit.

Maybe, making the adjustments in Word is also a proper workaround for you.

Kind regards
Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing to keep in mind, in Word you can create macros to automatically do some of the formatting. You can easily record some of the formatting you do for later re-use, or start delving into the wonderful world of programming for more complex issues (or to string all your little macros together).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Arianna,

Maybe you can try the print output with RoboHelp's sample projects (Employee Care2) (By using it, I generated the print output, and the chapter name came indented to left). You may try comparing your masterpage with the sample projects masterpage, i hope you would find a workaround.

Thanks

Achyut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp