• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting is affected in PDF file while generating PDF and Webhelp output from a single source.

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RoboHelp 2017 to create webhelp files. I am also generating PDF outputs fromthe same source. However, once generated, we find that additional blank pages are present in the PDF. The hyperlinks don't work in most parts of the content in PDF, and tables are pushed out of the reading frame or get truncated midway.

Is there any way we can control the formatting of the PDF while generating it? Or at least increase the page width to accomodate wide tables?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer is you have no control over such things with PDF. Links should work though. I always find it better to generate to Word first as that might help with some issues and where it doesn't you can correct them.

On my site there are some macros that can be run in Word to deal with some of the issues.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We do the same thing that Peter recommended at our company. I've created a bunch of Word macros that clean up all sorts of oddities. We have macros that delete empty paragraphs, macros that size tables, macros that check images for proper sizes etc. We run this battery of macros anytime we generate a printable output. Then we generate from Word to PDF. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp