• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frameless output: Can I use different TOC Tile images for the Home page vs. those on secondary page?

Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have customized images that I use as TOC Tile images on my Frameless skin. The generated homepage reflects these images appropriately. On the Home page in the generated output, when I click on a TOC Tile, it takes me to a secondary page with the same TOC Tiles as the home page, but with different content. On this secondary page, each TOC Tile image is associated with the 8-10 documents I have listed under the main folder. Is there a way to use different TOC Tile images for the secondary page? Also, is there a way to do away with the second 'home page' and get straight into topics?  Please advise. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

What you are seeing is something that happens depending on how the TOC is set up. Here's the TOC in the project.

image.png

The first tile in the output is for RoboHelp Reimagined. Above you can see it is a topic. Click that tile in the output and it will go straight to the topic, no second home page.

Click the tile for Adobe RoboHelp 2019's New User Interface though and you will see a second home page.

In the TOC above I went to the book Adobe RoboHelp 2019's New User Interface and linked that bo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to work out how you have managed to get the home page to go to a second home page as that is not how it is supposed to work. Is this something you have deliberately set up somehow or just the way you found it working?

Do the top level books in your TOC that become your home page tiles have nothing but books in them with topics further down?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, that is how I found it to work. I was unhappy with it as well. In Robohelp, if you go to the Learn a Latte Project in Samples, and generate a Frameless Website Output, it does the same thing. It goes to the next "Home Page"-looking secondary page and lists all the content from under the main folder as tiles. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to your question : Do the top level books in your TOC that become your home page tiles have nothing but books in them with topics further down? - the answer is:

The top level books in my TOC (that become my home page tiles) have only topics in them (some imported PDFs and some created topics). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will take a look at Learn a Latte in the morning.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, please do. Also look at the Robohelp Reimagined sample (using Oceanic Skin or Orange skin). They both deliver 2 Home Pages before topic pages appear. I've fashioned my first frameless project after these samples (esp. Learn a Latte sample - Orange skin). A successful delivery of this prototype project will determine if my department will proceed with the use of Frameless outputs in Robohelp. So your help is greatly appreciated. 
Additionally, is there a way to add 3 tabs with captions in the title-bar area of the Top section of the home page? Something like this in the top right section of the title bar:
image001.jpg

Currently, my customized project skin (based on Orange skin) does not seem to allow any additions to the title bar. Any pointers for that will also be helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Update 12 applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have 2019.0.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something must be wrong with your configuration. Both of those skins go from the home page to the topics without going through a second home page.

Have you perhaps entereed something in the Skin Home Page Content field? It should be blank.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did have a link for Skin Home Page Content (that enabled me to show additional information below the tiles):
image003.png

I removed the link from here and regenerated my frameless output. But I still have 2 Home pages - (a) main home page and (b) secondary page listing all the contents but in TOC-tile style like the main home page. Clicking on each one then takes me to Topic pages. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had wondered if you had put something in there that was causing this.

You said it is happening with the RoboHelp Reimagined project. Please zip that up and see the Contact page on my site. Send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I would like to see what happens when I generate using your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... or just send me screenshots of your settings. There is definitely something wrong here as no one else has reported this. I have seen that but only with a merged help setup and that was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter and LotusFlower1.

I too am experiencing the "two home pages."

Eager to see what soution Peter comes up with.

Thanks!

Marty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, LotusFlower1 and Marty,

I too have both a primary and secondary home page. I would like to keep both homepages, but have different toc tile images on each page. Right now, the toc tile images from the primary home page carry over to the secondary home page. Does anyone know if it is possible to have different images on the secondary home page from those on the primary home page and, if so, how would I go about doing it. Thanks so much! 

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I am having the same problem. What's confusing is that it worked on a previous version with 4 first level folders and a Topic at the same level in the TOC. The output had the 5 tiles on the home page. Now, I'm working on updates and have rearranged the TOC but still have the same folders and file at the top level. But the first home page shows the main tiles correctly and the second home page shows the topics indented under the first main heading. I don't know why it's pulling 2nd level content.  

Apparently you can assign a tile in the TOC and not use the top level process at all. I may do that. I'll keep an eye on this topic. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you the zip file as requested using wetransfer platform. Thank you for looking into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing received from wetransfer. Did you get an email from them saying it had been sent? If not something went wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask you how you customized the images in the frameless output? I couldn't work out how to do it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About changing the image on TOC tiles, here are the steps I followed:

1. Create new images using a graphics editor/image editing software. 
Tip: Copy one original tile image from the skin to your graphics program - then edit it or create another tile with similar dimensions. That's what I did. 

2. In RoboHelp 2019, under Output tab, go to your (Frameless) Skin > Layout tab > Home Page 

imageSample.jpg

3. Click Add Image, select your customized 'tile image'. Rearrange your tiles as necessary by using the 'up & down direction' icon next to the trash icon.

4. Save. Regenerate your output.
Tip: Start with a couple of tiles first. When you are satisfied with how the tiles appear, delete the original tiles.  
Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I have sent you the wetransfer link by email. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are seeing is something that happens depending on how the TOC is set up. Here's the TOC in the project.

image.png

The first tile in the output is for RoboHelp Reimagined. Above you can see it is a topic. Click that tile in the output and it will go straight to the topic, no second home page.

Click the tile for Adobe RoboHelp 2019's New User Interface though and you will see a second home page.

In the TOC above I went to the book Adobe RoboHelp 2019's New User Interface and linked that book to the User Interface topic. I then generated again and you go straight to the topic with no second home page.

The sample project can be used with many outputs and has been set to work optimally with skins other than frameless or any tiled output. As above though, it can be changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. That worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Lotus Flower.

Would you please explain how you did this ("linking" the book to the topic in the TOC)?

Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how I did it:

1. Open your RH project and open your Table of Contents.

2. Rt-Click on a Book or click the 3 dots next to your book folder.

3. Select Properties

4. In the General > Source field, browse to the topic you wish to link to this Book/folder.

5. Click Apply.

6. Save your project and regenerate. 

You will see the changes when you view the output. When you click on the 'book' tile on the home page, it will take you to the topic you linked. 

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp