• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frameless output: Can I use different TOC Tile images for the Home page vs. those on secondary page?

Explorer ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have customized images that I use as TOC Tile images on my Frameless skin. The generated homepage reflects these images appropriately. On the Home page in the generated output, when I click on a TOC Tile, it takes me to a secondary page with the same TOC Tiles as the home page, but with different content. On this secondary page, each TOC Tile image is associated with the 8-10 documents I have listed under the main folder. Is there a way to use different TOC Tile images for the secondary page? Also, is there a way to do away with the second 'home page' and get straight into topics?  Please advise. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

What you are seeing is something that happens depending on how the TOC is set up. Here's the TOC in the project.

image.png

The first tile in the output is for RoboHelp Reimagined. Above you can see it is a topic. Click that tile in the output and it will go straight to the topic, no second home page.

Click the tile for Adobe RoboHelp 2019's New User Interface though and you will see a second home page.

In the TOC above I went to the book Adobe RoboHelp 2019's New User Interface and linked that bo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently and I am not seeing if you can change the image on the second home page, is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the principle, here. This should help me in my scenario.

But how does one "link" a book to a topic?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some more poking around and found out what is happening.

I applied a different image to a tile that was going to a second home page. What I see there is the first image on the original home page.

Please check your project and verify that is what is happening.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also a Drilldown option in the skin editor.

image.png

Deselect that and you will not get a second home page.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for explaining how to have/not have a 1st and 2nd home page.  This solution is really simple.  Works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cindyh933912 Looking back through this thread it is worth summarising for the benefit of anyone else coming here that:

• Whether or not you have a home page is controlled by the whether you select the Use Home Page checkbox.
  • If you have a home page, then whether you have lower level home pages is controlled by the Drilldown checkbox.

I'm not sure but I believe there was another thread along the lines of your question. To the best of my recollection the answer was that both will use the same home page. However, there is one setting that may help with having just different tiles. See Tile Image bottom right when you select a folder what you specify there becomes the tile image for Folder Two in this example.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Peter, this is exactly what I was looking for! I was able to keep both the primary and secondary home pages and update the images on the secondardy home page. Worked like a charm. Very much appreciated!

-- Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp