Highlighted

Frameless output: Can I use different TOC Tile images for the Home page vs. those on secondary page?

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have customized images that I use as TOC Tile images on my Frameless skin. The generated homepage reflects these images appropriately. On the Home page in the generated output, when I click on a TOC Tile, it takes me to a secondary page with the same TOC Tiles as the home page, but with different content. On this secondary page, each TOC Tile image is associated with the 8-10 documents I have listed under the main folder. Is there a way to use different TOC Tile images for the secondary page? Also, is there a way to do away with the second 'home page' and get straight into topics?  Please advise. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter Grainge | Adobe Community Professional

What you are seeing is something that happens depending on how the TOC is set up. Here's the TOC in the project.

image.png

The first tile in the output is for RoboHelp Reimagined. Above you can see it is a topic. Click that tile in the output and it will go straight to the topic, no second home page.

Click the tile for Adobe RoboHelp 2019's New User Interface though and you will see a second home page.

In the TOC above I went to the book Adobe RoboHelp 2019's New User Interface and linked that book to the User Interface topic. I then generated again and you go straight to the topic with no second home page.

The sample project can be used with many outputs and has been set to work optimally with skins other than frameless or any tiled output. As above though, it can be changed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Frameless output: Can I use different TOC Tile images for the Home page vs. those on secondary page?

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have customized images that I use as TOC Tile images on my Frameless skin. The generated homepage reflects these images appropriately. On the Home page in the generated output, when I click on a TOC Tile, it takes me to a secondary page with the same TOC Tiles as the home page, but with different content. On this secondary page, each TOC Tile image is associated with the 8-10 documents I have listed under the main folder. Is there a way to use different TOC Tile images for the secondary page? Also, is there a way to do away with the second 'home page' and get straight into topics?  Please advise. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter Grainge | Adobe Community Professional

What you are seeing is something that happens depending on how the TOC is set up. Here's the TOC in the project.

image.png

The first tile in the output is for RoboHelp Reimagined. Above you can see it is a topic. Click that tile in the output and it will go straight to the topic, no second home page.

Click the tile for Adobe RoboHelp 2019's New User Interface though and you will see a second home page.

In the TOC above I went to the book Adobe RoboHelp 2019's New User Interface and linked that book to the User Interface topic. I then generated again and you go straight to the topic with no second home page.

The sample project can be used with many outputs and has been set to work optimally with skins other than frameless or any tiled output. As above though, it can be changed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 04, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to work out how you have managed to get the home page to go to a second home page as that is not how it is supposed to work. Is this something you have deliberately set up somehow or just the way you found it working?

Do the top level books in your TOC that become your home page tiles have nothing but books in them with topics further down?

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, that is how I found it to work. I was unhappy with it as well. In Robohelp, if you go to the Learn a Latte Project in Samples, and generate a Frameless Website Output, it does the same thing. It goes to the next "Home Page"-looking secondary page and lists all the content from under the main folder as tiles. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to your question : Do the top level books in your TOC that become your home page tiles have nothing but books in them with topics further down? - the answer is:

The top level books in my TOC (that become my home page tiles) have only topics in them (some imported PDFs and some created topics). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will take a look at Learn a Latte in the morning.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, please do. Also look at the Robohelp Reimagined sample (using Oceanic Skin or Orange skin). They both deliver 2 Home Pages before topic pages appear. I've fashioned my first frameless project after these samples (esp. Learn a Latte sample - Orange skin). A successful delivery of this prototype project will determine if my department will proceed with the use of Frameless outputs in Robohelp. So your help is greatly appreciated. 
Additionally, is there a way to add 3 tabs with captions in the title-bar area of the Top section of the home page? Something like this in the top right section of the title bar:
image001.jpg

Currently, my customized project skin (based on Orange skin) does not seem to allow any additions to the title bar. Any pointers for that will also be helpful. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 04, 2020 0