• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frameless Output Preset (Dark Skin)

Participant ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any option to remove the shadow of TOC Tiles in homepage?
When I change the theme colors to dark, it is more prominent. I want to remove the effect.

Shadow.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

I just got this back from Adobe. The layoutdiff.css is in the publish>skins>yourskin folder in your project.

I'm not sure but you may need to make that change whenever you customise the skin using the skin editor. Please check that.

Option to edit shadow is not available from skin editor. It can only be removed by directly editing layoutDiff.css file by setting box-shadow to none for selector .RH-LAYOUT-HOMEPAGE-TOC-tile-box.

.RH-LAYOUT-HOMEPAGE-TOC-tile-box {

box-shadow: none;

}

_

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't mention which version of RH you have. Please include this information with every post, as the answer can vary depending on your version.

I don't have access to RH2020 right now, but open the skin and look under Home Page > TOC Tiles > tile-box for something that mentions shadow. That would be where I would expect a setting, if one is available. Do note I'm working with RH2019 at the moment, so the relevant location in RH2020 might be slightly different. The editor should highlight the relevant part of the page, so poke around a bit if the section isn't correct.

If you can't find a relevant setting, you should be able to open the output and use the browser developer tools to locate the correct style to modify. Add that to a custom css file and add  it in the skin under Layout > User Assets. 

Let us know how you go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had looked there and could not find anything about shadow so I tried border settings to no avail. I have reached out to Adobe and will post back when I hear from them.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this back from Adobe. The layoutdiff.css is in the publish>skins>yourskin folder in your project.

I'm not sure but you may need to make that change whenever you customise the skin using the skin editor. Please check that.

Option to edit shadow is not available from skin editor. It can only be removed by directly editing layoutDiff.css file by setting box-shadow to none for selector .RH-LAYOUT-HOMEPAGE-TOC-tile-box.

.RH-LAYOUT-HOMEPAGE-TOC-tile-box {

box-shadow: none;

}

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, it worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been advised that it will not be overwritten but you will not see it in the file.

Don't ask me how that works! There's a special team of elves that Adobe must be using. 🙂

The skin editor will include this option in an update. RH-9087 | Tracker (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp generates two stylesheets in your {OutputFolder}/template/{MySkinName}/ and appends them in the <head>:

<link rel="StyleSheet" href="template/Dark/layout.css" type="text/css">
<link rel="StyleSheet" href="template/Dark/userstyles.css" type="text/css">

In your {MyProjectFolder}/publish/skins/{MySkinName}/ you can add a layoutdiff.css file and add your custom CSS to override what is in the layout.css and in the userstyles.css. The content of layoutdiff.css is appended at the end of the userstyles.css file and therefore overrides everything else.

It's one of those "hidden" features in RoboHelp that are extremely powerful 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stefan,

I was trying out this option. Thanks for the solution. But I have a doubt here:

Custom settings that aren't part of layoutdiff.css, and added manually, must be added everytime we publish the output? 

Because, everytime I publish: I see the skin folder overridden with previous settings of layoutdiff.css( settings from GUI excluding additional properties manually added through back end).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp