• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frameless skin (Studio) footer issue

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "topicfooter.htm" file included with the skin seems to function as a sticky footer (always visible) on the initial navigation pages of the output. When you reach a topic page and the contents panel is open, the footer is not visible and requires scrolling to see it. (Closing the Contents panel causes the footer to display as expected.)

Is this working as designed?

Concern is that scrolling to view footer will not be obvious to users. Our footer will have links to external user resources and copywrite statement. 

Also, I have not changed the canned footer file other than color values. 

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Based on experimentation, it appears that the footer is non-stick and working as designed. I think the designers were trying to head in that direction, but not there yet (I guess).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Robohelp are you using? If 2019, are you using Classic or New UI. Please include the full number including patch numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using version 2020.0.156

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is as designed but I have asked someone who might be able to help to take a look.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it is sticky?

I just created a test and even on the home page with a lot of content it was not visible until I scrolled down.

I am told that on a short page it will stick to the bottom of the screen but on longer pages including the home page it will be below sight as it were. However, that is not what I found as the footer ws never visible until I scrolled down. I am suspecting the screen resolution comes into play.

The skin editor has various position settings but I couldn't get anything to work the way you want, which I quite understand.

I think a feature request is needed.

Please follow this link to request features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter,

No, I am not sure, but it seems to want to behave that way. My preference would be to place user links in the footer, but perhaps I can change that to the skin's header instead. At any rate, not a show stopper. Just wanted to know if it was an intended feature. Seems like it is. 

I appreciate the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you can create your own footer and put in it whatever you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on experimentation, it appears that the footer is non-stick and working as designed. I think the designers were trying to head in that direction, but not there yet (I guess).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp