• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker integration in TCS 2015 - Out of Memory error

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm new to TCS 2015 (and Adobe products in general) and I've created a book in Framemaker that I would like to link to Robohelp. It has 8 chapters, anywhere between 30 and 90 pages per chapter. In trying to link this document into Robohelp, Robohelp shows "Scanning..." for a while and then "Out of Memory," after which the program crashes. I don't know a way around this - can someone give any advice?

Some other bits of info:

- The Framemaker content has been imported from Word 2013, using the "Copy into Document" option

- All images (screenshots - quite a bit of them) were also copied into the document, not imported by reference.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

-Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Importing into a new project gives you the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing into a new project seems to work fine. However, I am really hoping to use the link feature so I can keep Framemaker and Robohelp in sync. And it seems that creating the project via import and then linking to a FM file essentially duplicates each topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, no, it doesn’t duplicate it – you create a fresh new RH project each time you want to generate output. You import, then perform whatever tweaking you need in the RH project, then generate. You then throw it away when the next cycle of changes are done in the FM content. Importing is just a bit more labour intensive than linking, but sometimes linking just can’t handle some FM projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp