• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frequent Crashes during RH9 to RH2015 Conversion

Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're finally upgrading our projects from RH9 to RH2015 (build 12.0.2.384)

• Windows 7, 64 bit machine
  • Office 365 (Word 2013).

I'm trying to upgrade one of our smallish projects (about 250 topics), and RH2015 consistently freezes during the conversion.

There's not much as an error message. It just hangs. If I click on the app, then it says it's not responding.

I did get it to convert a week or so ago in a test folder and it went fine (though I did have to delete the RH 9 .cpd file first).

I find it sadly interesting that RH has show-stop issues converting its own project to a later version. Flare had an easier time converting my project when I was testing that HAT...

I'm currently walking back in time in my source control to see if there's something that's causing it to crash. The project works fine in RH 9.

Ideas on how to get it to convert without crashing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the project completely out of Source Control before trying to upgrade it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't use RH source control, we're using Mercurial. It doesn't use a check in/check out model, but instead does merges.

But yes, I have all the files locally that I need to run the project in RH 9, and I assumed that it'd convert fine. But you gave me an idea to copy out the project into a diff folder and see if it converts there. But first I'll restart my computer on the off chance it's a memory issue or something is open that shouldn't be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm. I copied the project to a diff directory and it did convert... So maybe that's my solution if I run into conversion crashes. Maybe something in my repository directory is causing that. Who knows.

Another thing that confuses me is that sometimes during a conversion, a project updates this meta name tag in the .htm files:
<meta name="generator" content="Adobe RoboHelp 9" />
to

<meta name="generator" content="Adobe RoboHelp 2015" />

And sometimes it doesn't.

I'm talking about the true file when viewed within NotePad++, not RH's wonky HTML editor that sometimes matches and sometimes doesn't match reality. (In RH's HTML editor it always had the meta name tag to "Adobe RoboHelp 2015" while underneath in the real world, it's "Adoboe RoboHelp 9". How does that happen?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp