Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Function/Procedure to connect existing translations in RH 2020

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I just installed RH 2020 and had a look in the translation capabilities.

The fact is that the translations are stored in a separate project. Up to now I also had a separate project for each language. Now I was wondering if there is a way to connect these existing projects for the new interface so that the existing translations are not lost.

Is there a possibility for this or what is the preferred procedure?

Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Hi Helix_dd,

This seems to be a bug on our end then, we will resolve it in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helix_dd,

Assuming the project which you are working on is named PARENT_PROJECT and its translation (let's say it is Spanish) is TRANSLATED_PROJECTFollow these steps:

1. Go to the Translations tab in PARENT_PROJECT in RoboHelp.
2. Click on the (+) icon on top to add a new translation, a dialog box pops up.
    2.1. Select the language of TRANSLATED_PROJECT, which happens to be Spanish in this example.

2.2. Check "Link an existing translated project" checkbox.

2.3. In the Translation Project Location, browse to the PROJECT_NAME.rhpj (.rhpj extension) file of your TRANSLATED_PROJECT.

2.4. The text field will have the path to the .rhpj file of TRANSLATED_PROJECT. 

2.5. Hit the done button.

3. The TRANSLATED_PROJECT is now linked to PARENT_PROJECT. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @smonga1996,

That was the feature I was looking for. Unfortunatly at step 2.3 I'm not able to choose the .rhpj-file, because it is not displayed in the window and when I'm choosing the folder I got a message "Translation path must not be empty." (In german, because I'm using the german UI). Do you knwo what I'm doing wrong?

I did upgrade the translated project to version 2020 before.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file extension would be .rhpj, it would be something like PROJECT_NAME.rhpj.  It is the project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the window says "Choose folder", so files are not displayed and I cannot enter a path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Helix_dd,

This seems to be a bug on our end then, we will resolve it in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp