• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate a Last Modified or Last Updated Report in RoboHelp

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RoboHelp, is there a way to generate a report showing the last date modified or date published?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

RoboHelp does offer some reporting capabilities. Curious about the end result you are seeking. Are you wanting a way to indicate to your end users the last published date? Or just for yourself? And are you wanting to see it somewhere in the output you view or is it only for your internal purposes?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a report that displays the last date a topic was updated.

The reason I used the word "updated" interchangeably with "published" is because I read that if you don't Republish All files each time you publish, you may be able to generate a report displaying last published date, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And perhaps you can finish answering the questions I asked?

Are you wanting this information for your own edification or is it somehow to be presented to the end user in some way?

It seems we have now adjusted the question slightly? You are wanting to identify among PUBLISHED files? Is this correct?

Assuming that's true, you should be able to look at file date/time stamps in whatever viewer you are using to examine the files. If you sort by date, the newest should be at the top or the bottom of the list, depending on the sort order. But that won't help if the goal is to present this information to the end user.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

It's to be presented to my manager and possibly others. Yes, it is for Published files.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you use a file explorer (Windows file explorer or similar) to present the list of files sorted in the date order you want, then screen capture that using something like TechSmith SnagIt, RoboHelp's RoboScreen Capture, or the Windows Snipping Tool. Then you could paste that image into a word processing document such as Microsoft Word or the built in Windows Wordpad application. You could then maybe email that to your boss and others to view. Or possibly convert it to a PDF document and mail the PDF to your boss and others to view.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Rick!

Arshun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or Google "Print from File Explorer". There are programs that will print what is in a folder.  https://www.infonautics-software.ch/directorylistprint/ looks good. I've used https://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn in the past.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp