• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate PDF Output Uses Wrong TOC

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all. I'm using RH 11 in a Win 7 environment.

My project has two TOCs, one huge and one small. I want to generate a PDF for the small one.

In the Project Manager, I selected the smaller TOC and designated it the Defaul. Still, when I select Generate/PDF Output, I get a PDF for the immense TOC.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Double-click the Printed Documentation layout in the Single Source Layouts pod. Then click the drop-down where you see the Table Of Contents choices. Specifically select the desired TOC and generate.

TMP1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Then click Next and make sure TOC is selected in the dropdown on the left (it should be by default)

2. Click the Remove All icon to remove everything currently defined as the Chapter layout

3. Click the Add All icon to add your toc into the Chapter Layout

Print-Toc.png

You need to repeat these three steps every time you update your Toc in RH11 - I don't know if this behaviour has changed for RH2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behaviour is still the same in RH 2015; the TOC doesn't update automatically here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I might expect that is designed behavior. Oftentimes the TOC is completely different for a printed output than it is for an On-Line output. I might imagine it would be very frustrating if it were to always change when you generated the printed output.

I suppose you might consider filing an enhancement request asking for an auto update feature for printed docs.

Click here to do that

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The TOC for print never updates fof goox reason. See Printed Documentation

on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp