• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generated output fails to load

Participant ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest patch for Robohelp 2017 and it generates Responsive HTML5 but it won't load. It looks like they broke something in the last update? When you open the generated output, it just hangs like this forever:

broken html5.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will also confirm that this issue occurs with the sample projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said earlier Rh15 which doesn't exist but was assumed to mean RoboHelp 2015. Now you are saying you have applied the latest patch for RoboHelp 2017.

Please look in File > Help and confim the version you are using.

Whatever version though, I think the uninstall and reinstall is the next step.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I see Rh15 was another poster. Nonetheless try the reinstall.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled Robohelp 2017 and then updated to the new patch... It's still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you re-import the layout into a new SSL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean, but either way... It's a severe defect for it to break your SSLs. Are you saying you should have to create new SSLs after the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CN13579 - Did you try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by "re-import the layout into a new SSL."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new Responsive SSL layout, go to add your template design, but then give it another name like Azure2 or something. Rick had a video on it a few days ago, but I can't find it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to add the updated layout with a revised name in the

existing SSL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I remembered the revised name part correctly ;>)

ps - think we should branch CN13579's hijacking of this thread into it's own?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think I was hijacking this thread. I thought the problems may be related... maybe a change made related to HTML5 in RH 2015 and 2017 and pushed out in the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really - the OP was getting stopped dead in their tracks - you could generate, but couldn't look at the output. Different kettle of fish ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the logic of adding but as Jeff says, it is a different problem so problem best to branch it. Done.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the same with different browsers?

Can you access the output from a different machine? Does it have the same problem there?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The RoboHelp Tour is a responsive layout. What happens if you open that?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried copying the layout and adding it as a new layout. It will now work but it does not retain any of my custom settings. I don't really think it's acceptable to push a patch and break User's existing SSLs and then require them to perform this workaround and redo any custom settings for all the Responsive HTML5 SSLs in all of their projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layout was changed to fix issues so it is necessary to use it. The new SSL was not necessary but the new layout was. I agree it is a pain that when this is necessary, it shouldn't break any customisation but regrettably for now, that's the way it is.

I know from discussions with Adobe that they are well aware this is not good and I am hopeful it will be addressed in a future release.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean is that for all my old Responsive HTML5 SSL Outputs that I had configured in my projects, when I added the Layout as a new Layout, the style/theme settings that I had are all gone and the layout has all of the default settings. It would be too cumbersome to find and reapply all of those settings again to the Outputs in our projects, so I'm just reinstalling Robohelp without the updates until they can fix it so that you can update it without it breaking your current outputs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the old saying goes - "Fill your boots!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You will be in for quite a wait as while Adobe recognise the problem,

it's not a quick fix.

2. Are the customisations common? If they are, you can fix in one project,

then export the layout for importing into the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've lost count of how many bug reports I've submitted. We're getting increasingly frustrated with Robohelp on our team. We're not at all happy that an update just breaks our current configuration without any warning and we're supposed to troubleshoot it to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Item 13 in Using RoboHelp 2017 for information about a fix for this issue.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Item 13 in Using RoboHelp 2017 now contains a link to an Adobe Technote where you can download the official fix.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp