• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating and publishing new help system RoboHelp 2019 Classic

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a help system of guides under the title Playbooks, then the guides are Commercial, Personal, Claims and Employee Benefits. I'm using the Screen Layout called Azure Blue. 

I want a main page with title Playbooks with each playbook listed in the icons in the body of the page. Each icon lets the user access the specific play book they want. then on the playbooks landing page, I want the icons to show the sections of the documents.

I'm not sure how to set up the output to generate the playbooks. For the playbook documents, can I use a different screen layout?

Thanks,

MDawn

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing merged help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm  not sure what merged help is. This will be a standalone document, like a web page where the user can click on a hot spot on the main page to display the specific playbook they want.

I will live in the company Sharepoint site.

I'm using html 5 to output. Azure Blue screen layout and each playbook title is listed in the document icons in the main part of the page.

I think I'm also not sure how to set up the document structure so each playbook can be listed in the icons on the main page.

Can I use different screen layout in each playbook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merged help is where you have multiple RH projects that are compiled separately with a master parent project holding all the "child" projects' output - see Peter Grainge's site (grainge.org) for info on how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again, Jeff. You answered my next question.

So, I create a project for Playbooks

Then, a project for Commercial Lines,

A Project for Claims, 

Etc.

Then do I generate and publish from the Playbooks project to get my final output?

Is there any other way to get the kind of output I need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think merged help is what MDawn wants but what is wanted depends on some unknowns

The solution I am seeing is a single project with four books in the TOC, one for each playbook. The default topic would also list those playbooks and have links to the first page of each of them. The links could be from text or an image.

What that will not give is different layouts for each playbook. That can only be done with each one being a separate project linked to with an external link from a single topic project. Even with merged help you cannot have different layouts for each project in the merge, hence not seeing that as the answer.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm' back. So I followed Peter's directions. I'm using the Responsive HTML5 output. The icon on the main page of te output says Playbooks. If I click the icon, it only shows Back. If  I Search for tge name of a playbook, the topics in the playbook are lsited and clicking a link does take me to the topic.

What I want if the titles of tghe four playbooks to be displayed on the main page. When the user clicks the icon, do I have choices of what is displayed? What would those choices be? I'm including a screen shot of what I'm seeing. 

Thanks,

MDawnmain screenmain screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close - when you select "Playbooks" it opens a new page with links to your other guide names - select one of those & you're off and running...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have more questions, of course:

How can I have the main page show the 4 Playbooks in the icon, instead of the one icon showing Playbooks?

When you click on the icon, every topic is listed in an icon, I'd like the clicking the icon on the main screen to open the playbook the user selected. How would I do that?

The main title of the topic is listed in the TOC in the sidebar. Is there a way to have a certain level of headings listed below the Playbook name in the miniTOC where the user to display

I've attached a screenshot

.TopicTopic

Notice the topic is title 1 - Receive Claim. I'd like to have that level of topic name listed in the TOC to th right. Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in the first post you said that you wanted the top level to say Playbooks - but with only 4 of them, that's a bit redundant - I'd create your top level TOC with each of the 4 listed in whatever order you want them to appear on the screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. that's easy enough.

I have two other questions:

On the Indigo page there is text that says Welcome to the Help Center and below that "What can we help ou witn today?"

How do I edit that text?

In the screenshot in my previous question, notice how the miniTOC appears in the right column? Can I have the names of the topics of that section listed there? If so, how?

Thanks again for all your help. I must say it's coming along nicely now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in the other thread where you asked about Welcome to the Help Center, in the Language settings. I posted a screenshot highlighting that one.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

Twitter @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not a mini-TOC - a mini-one would be inside a topic either at the top or bottom of the text. You're looking at your TOC in the right pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you mock up something in Word to make what you want clearer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp