Highlighted

Generating and publishing new help system RoboHelp 2019 Classic

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a help system of guides under the title Playbooks, then the guides are Commercial, Personal, Claims and Employee Benefits. I'm using the Screen Layout called Azure Blue. 

I want a main page with title Playbooks with each playbook listed in the icons in the body of the page. Each icon lets the user access the specific play book they want. then on the playbooks landing page, I want the icons to show the sections of the documents.

I'm not sure how to set up the output to generate the playbooks. For the playbook documents, can I use a different screen layout?

Thanks,

MDawn

TOPICS
Classic, Documentation, HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Generating and publishing new help system RoboHelp 2019 Classic

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a help system of guides under the title Playbooks, then the guides are Commercial, Personal, Claims and Employee Benefits. I'm using the Screen Layout called Azure Blue. 

I want a main page with title Playbooks with each playbook listed in the icons in the body of the page. Each icon lets the user access the specific play book they want. then on the playbooks landing page, I want the icons to show the sections of the documents.

I'm not sure how to set up the output to generate the playbooks. For the playbook documents, can I use a different screen layout?

Thanks,

MDawn

TOPICS
Classic, Documentation, HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 18, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing merged help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm  not sure what merged help is. This will be a standalone document, like a web page where the user can click on a hot spot on the main page to display the specific playbook they want.

I will live in the company Sharepoint site.

I'm using html 5 to output. Azure Blue screen layout and each playbook title is listed in the document icons in the main part of the page.

I think I'm also not sure how to set up the document structure so each playbook can be listed in the icons on the main page.

Can I use different screen layout in each playbook?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merged help is where you have multiple RH projects that are compiled separately with a master parent project holding all the "child" projects' output - see Peter Grainge's site (grainge.org) for info on how it works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again, Jeff. You answered my next question.

So, I create a project for Playbooks

Then, a project for Commercial Lines,

A Project for Claims, 

Etc.

Then do I generate and publish from the Playbooks project to get my final output?

Is there any other way to get the kind of output I need?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think merged help is what MDawn wants but what is wanted depends on some unknowns

The solution I am seeing is a single project with four books in the TOC, one for each playbook. The default topic would also list those playbooks and have links to the first page of each of them. The links could be from text or an image.

What that will not give is different layouts for each playbook. That can only be done with each one being a separate project linked to with an external link from a single topic project. Even with merged help you cannot have different layouts for each project in the merge, hence not seeing that as the answer.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you both.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm' back. So I followed Peter's directions. I'm using the Responsive HTML5 output. The icon on the main page of te output says Playbooks. If I click the icon, it only shows Back. If  I Search for tge name of a playbook, the topics in the playbook are lsited and clicking a link does take me to the topic.

What I want if the titles of tghe four playbooks to be displayed on the main page. When the user clicks the icon, do I have choices of what is displayed? What would those choices be? I'm including a screen shot of what I'm seeing. 

Thanks,

MDawnmain screenmain screen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0