• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating Responsive HTML5 via Command Line Does Not Merge Helps, but Building Manually Does

Enthusiast ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest RH 2017.

Our Help system contains a bunch of merged child helps (using the Responsive HTML5 output) that are generated into the mergedProjects folder under the parent. These helps., use Dynamic Filters as well, one for each child help. When I manually open each xpj inside RH, and I generate the help systems from their respective Responsive HTML5 SSL using RH's interface, the Helps merge together fine, and the filters work properly.

However, when I use my batch file using RHCL (RoboHelp Command Line) to generate the outputs, the child helps do generate successfully, but they are not merged together completely even though they're generating their outputs into the same location (into the mergedProjects folder). Because of this, the child helps do not appear when I click on the Filter tab and each help is separate.

Does anyone else see this bug? Or am I just doing something wrong on my end?

I really hope I can find a workaround or that Adobe can fix it, because with RHCL I can generate all my helps in ~5 mins, vs. ~1 hour manually.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To try to better understand the problem: you are saying that, when you open the index of the master project, you only see the files in the master project and not any of the child projects?

I just tested RHCL generation in RH 2017 for a responsive layout and everything looks fine on my end... The only similar issue I've seen before was self-inflicted: I was deleting the parentdata.js and screendata.js files in the child project by mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp