• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generation of a project with one folder containing topics resulted in duplication of the project folders. What is causing this?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH11.4

The project contains only one Topic folder (with no subfolders): [drive]\ECS Online Help\ECS Help\Topics

When I generate the project the SSL! folder for that help project contains duplicate folders: [drive]\ECS Online Help\ECS Help\!SSL!\WebHelp\Topics\Topics\topics.

Explorer looks like this:

Next folder level:

Next folder level:

Finally the topics:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Nope, that should do it!

What I was somewhat expecting to see was that you had another folder inside the Topics folder that was named Topics. So there's definitely something amiss here.

I might suggest you try creating a new Single Source Layout. If you aren't familiar with that process, I believe I have a video that will show you how to accomplish it.

Click here to view

Once you add a fresh layout, generate and see if the problem persists.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you please share with us a screen capture of your Project Manager Pod? And before you capture the screen, please expand all as shown in the image below.

5642.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need more than this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that should do it!

What I was somewhat expecting to see was that you had another folder inside the Topics folder that was named Topics. So there's definitely something amiss here.

I might suggest you try creating a new Single Source Layout. If you aren't familiar with that process, I believe I have a video that will show you how to accomplish it.

Click here to view

Once you add a fresh layout, generate and see if the problem persists.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your response prompted me to look at the WebHelp SSL properties where I found that the path to the output folder contained an extra '\Topics' folder in the string. Removed that, saved and regenerated but got the same results as the initial problem.

Deleted the WebHelp folder from the SSL folder and regenerated. The extra 'topics' folder did not appear.

I think the key was a combination of the two actions above.

Appreciated your help. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp