• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting a count of variables (RoboHelp 2015)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a quick way to get a count on the number of variables in a project? I am using RoboHelp 2015. I really, really, really dont want to have to manually count every variable in the UDV pod.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Hmmm, not seeing a quick way to note that. About all I can think to suggest is to click the Tools tab, then Topic Properties > Variables report. Then copy that report and paste into Notepad and strip out the unwanted stuff. Then copy from there and perhaps paste into something like Excel,

But honestly, I'm not sure that's really any better than just counting.

Maybe somebody has a better idea.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, not seeing a quick way to note that. About all I can think to suggest is to click the Tools tab, then Topic Properties > Variables report. Then copy that report and paste into Notepad and strip out the unwanted stuff. Then copy from there and perhaps paste into something like Excel,

But honestly, I'm not sure that's really any better than just counting.

Maybe somebody has a better idea.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I think you are right. I created the report as well. That might be the quicker of the two undesirable options. Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp