Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary as a Pop-UP

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2007 Dec 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

As a part of my work, I need to show glossary as pop-up in the robohelp project. Now, I tried with Glossary Hot-Spot wizard in RoboHelp 7.0, but it is expanding the glossary content and its not showing as a pop-up. Pls let me know, if anybody knows how to fix this issue.

Help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Ruziyo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ruziyo

Sorry, but RoboHelp of any or all versions handles the Glossary as expanding text. Not as popups. If that is the behavior you want, you will need to manually enter all terms and definitions into Text Only popups.

You should probably advise the development team that you would like to see a choice of how the Glossary Hotspot Wizard creates the terms. You may do that by clicking here and completing the form you will find there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoboWizard,

Thansk for the prompt reply.

Why I wanted glossary as pop-up was,,its look on the screen will be better than expanded text. Due to the limitations, want to continue to use expanded text only, but how can I have a better look,,so that end-user can have a good attention on glossary terms. For that, I want to display the glossary definitions in different color & font than the default.

I have a good number of glossary terms. So, give me an efficient solution for this.

Thanks in Advance.

-Ruziyo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Ruziyo

I'm posting as my alter ego now.

If you edit your style sheet (Format > Styles) you will find entries there that control the formatting of Glossary Hotspots and Glossary Text. Change it there and all topics using that style sheet will follow suit accordingly.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your help.

But, already I have created some projects, now I want to change/edit the style sheet in those projects also. But, when I edit the style-sheet which is present in the HTML-Help folder, the changes are not reflecting in the output CHM file.

Pls let me know,, how to fix this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
-Ruziyo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2007 Dec 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Ruziyo

May I ask a super duper silly question?

You, um, DID recompile your .CHM file after you updated the style sheet, didn't you? Because if you didn't do that step, the changes will not be reflected inside the .CHM.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any further development on this functionality?  I'm using RoboHelp 9 and would also like to use pop-up hotspots instead of expanding hotpsots.

I looked through the RoboHelp 9 Help and the didn't see any options in the Wizard, but wanted to see if anyone had found a workaround.

Thanks,

Natalie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Natalie

One of the nice enhancements of RoboHelp 10 is the introduction of a Script called

Output Generator with Glossary Restyling.jsx

When you run this script you will see this dialog:

Glossary-Script.png

So, you can choose Popup or Tooltip as alternatives to the expanding hotspot!

Thanks

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions for getting the script updated for Responsive layouts in RH11? The layout option is missing from the dropdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That was actually my post. After finding this thread and no mention of a solution, I finally posted the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peyton

"Any suggestions for getting the script updated for Responsive layouts in RH11? The layout option is missing from the dropdown."

You are right that the options have not been modified to include Responsive Layouts. Your options are:

- File a bug. Please follow this link. http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

- Adapt the script yourself if you have scripting skills.

- Seek someone who can help. Sorry but that is not me.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah!. I see Willam has obliged with the third option above in the thread at https://forums.adobe.com/message/7556623?tstart=0#7556623

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp