Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary tab is looking in the wrong place for the Glossary file

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 11.0.3.268.

I am testing the Responsive layout. In my test project, the TOC, Index, and Search tabs are all functional, but when I click the Glossary tab, I get the IE "This page can't be displayed" message. The path listed on this page is:

C:\My_Stuff\Docs\Help Output\ResponsiveHTML5\ProfitX\template\PROFITX_2\glossary1.htm

I can see, however, that the glossary file is actually located at:

C:\My_Stuff\Docs\Help Output\ResponsiveHTML5\ProfitX\glossary.htm

Can anyone tell me where can I adjust my settings so that the generated project will be able to find the glossary file?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

This seems to be the Glossary.slp page. That's the correct location, but there will only be a hyperlink on the Topic.slp, Index.slp and Toc.slp.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the .slp pages in RoboHelp? (Project Set-up > Screen Layouts > You layout.) If you switch to HTML mode and search for glossary1, you will probably find the culprit. If you change the text, it should work fine.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can open the .slp pages in RoboHelp. As you suggested, I have examined the Glossary page, in HTML mode, but can find no reference to "glossary1."

Oddly enough, I've discovered that the Glossary tab works properly when my Responsive layout is viewed full screen (desktop), but when the screen size is reduced to that of a tablet or a phone, the Glossary tab behaves as I first described it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search for:

<div class="bar_glossary" data-class="topic_page: !@.l.uimode"

id="xmlEditorButtonBarGLO" title="Glossary">

You should find the link below there.

Do you have a topic called Glossary in your project by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions. I did look in the Glossary.slp file, but I did not find the information you suggested I search for. The closest I can find is this:

code snippet.png

I do not see a link below it.

Also, I don't have a topic called "Glossary."

On my end, I have tried renaming my Glossary, as well as deleting it and recreating it, but I still can't get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be the Glossary.slp page. That's the correct location, but there will only be a hyperlink on the Topic.slp, Index.slp and Toc.slp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clarifying where I needed to look. After modifying the Glossary.slp references in the Index, Table of Contents, and Topic .slp files, I was able to get the Glossary content to show up in the generated responsive layout, at all resolutions. Getting this fixed is great. Thanks!

Curiously though, when I now click the Search tab/button, I get this:

search.png

Since this used to work, all I can think is that I've unintentionally broken something in an .slp file. I didn't touch any reference to Search in those files, but something isn't right. I'd appreciate it if you could glance through the recently modified sections of the .slp files (below) and let me know if anything looks amiss. Thank you.

glossary.png

index.png

table of contents.png

topic.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ai. The Topic.slp is playing up. This is a bother, since restoring it may be a bother.

The easiest way to fix it, is as follows:

• Add the Theme1 layout again to the project under a different name.
  • Make a copy of the !ScreenLayout! folder, just to be safe.
  • Using Windows, find the Topic.slp of the newly added Theme 1.
  • Paste the Topic.slp from the new Theme 1 into your customised theme 1. (Only the Topic.slp file)

Regenerate the help. The output should now be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That fixed my Search problem. Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp