• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone else run into security issues with whstub.js, whproxy.js, whtopic.js, ehlpdhtm.js, and whfhost.js?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a customer's security team objecting to the files because of an issue with their "Overly Permissive Message Posting Policy." An example:

js error message.jpg

Has anyone else run into this, and is there anything we can do to reduce the threat assessment?

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps try using Responsive HTML as an output type?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even then there's still a lot of messages going forward and the ehlpdhtm.js is shared across outputs.

But the postMessage option used is safe since you need to write code specifically for getting these messages. No hijacking can just be done through this. (See also Window.postMessage() - Web API Interfaces | MDN)

The concern here is the domain policy in the call where the * is too permissive. But since the help can be placed on any given URL, there is no way for Adobe to do it differently. Personally, I don't believe this is an issue as postMessage is meant for secure communication and it's not something you can just hijack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will pass that along. I'm not in direct contact with the customer's security people, so I don't know their level of concern beyond what was passed to me.

In any case, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp