Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help topics are not displaying when using Windows 8/IE 10

Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a WebHelp system created in RoboHelp 7. When opening that Help from our application using Windows 8 with Internet Explorer 10 and allowing blocked content, the Help topics do not display in the right pane when clicking a topic from the Contents in the left pane. Below are the steps:

1. Open the Help system from the Help menu within the application.

2. The Allow Blocked Content displays and I allow it.

3. The Help opens and if I click a topic from the TOC in the left pane, the topic doesn't display in the right pane.

A workaround we found was to widen the left pane and the topic then displays. Also, if you don't allow blocked content, this issue doesn't happen. However, I need to allow blocked content in order for PDFs within the Help to open properly and also because the Search doesn't display without allowing blocked content.

We also tested this with a Help system that was created using Robohelp 9 and have the same issue. I'm wondering if RoboHelp 10 would solve this problem.

Does anyone know if IE 10 requires Help systems to be created in RoboHelp 10 to work properly, at least when allowing blocked content?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

If you add the below line of code (between the <head> tags) to the index.htm page (i.e. the start page) in your published help, the problem appears to go away.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7">

I republished the help and the code was still there; however, I cannot say for sure that this will always be the case - perhaps someone else can suggest a more reliable way to add this code.

You will need to clear your cache and so on to see this work properly.

Thanks,

Donal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp