• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HHC3004: Warning: The HTML tag is not a valid HTML tag & Fatal Error: Unexpected error from Micros

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've recently started using Robohelp, I'm new to the role and have downloaded Rh 2019.

My colleague has been using Rh for years now and hasn't had these problems. I've copied the project from my colleague onto my machine (project is currently in Rh 2017) and I can use Rh 2019 Classic successfully. However when I come to generate the CHM I receive the two errors in the title of this post. Oddly if I were to upgrade the project into Rh 2019 it'll compile and generate successfully...

If I create a new project and add an image to the 'first topic', it'll generate successfully, however won't display the image within the CHM.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

2019-10-22_15h57_27.png

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

I found one random internet post that said that the string ".H" in an image name causes problems. None of your image names contain that string, but by chance is your windows user name Scott.Hewes? And does your project live within your Documents folder?

If yes, try changing where you're generating to something like c:\myprojects and see if that clears up the issue. It's possible you need to move the whole project outside your profile folder, but try just changing the generate path at first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that we are clear, you are generating using 2019 Classic, correct?

Those tags show some crazy characters. Look at one of the topics in HTML view and see if they appear in the code.

What is the filename of one of the images giving this problem?

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for replying Peter, Amebr's solution below worked a treat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found one random internet post that said that the string ".H" in an image name causes problems. None of your image names contain that string, but by chance is your windows user name Scott.Hewes? And does your project live within your Documents folder?

If yes, try changing where you're generating to something like c:\myprojects and see if that clears up the issue. It's possible you need to move the whole project outside your profile folder, but try just changing the generate path at first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr,

You were right in that, that is my username and yes both the project and the output path was in my documents folder.

I've changed the output path outside of my documents folder and this has now allowed me to generate the CHM without ANY errors!

Thank you so much for this! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp