Highlighted

HHComponentActivator message appears during preview and popups that don't show

New Here ,
May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the issue about an HHComponentActivator  message appearing when trying to preview a topic has been previously discussed on the forum, but the solution offered only solves half of the problems that I am having.

Copying the eHlpDthm.js file from a blank project as suggested resolves the issue with the message appearing, but as one other user indicated in their post, any link in the topic that should display in an auto-sizing popup window does not appear. Copying the file does not resolve this problem for me. I used the View Source option when previewing a topic to look at the html code and noticed that the topic name in the path for the popup is replaced with an another name such as "rlt1F76" instead of "print_option." The name changes each time I preview the topic. Selecting the topic to display in a frame does not have the problem, only auto-sized and custom-sized popups.

I am using RoboHelp 10, specifically version 10.0.1.292.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Topics

HTML

Views

130

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HHComponentActivator message appears during preview and popups that don't show

New Here ,
May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the issue about an HHComponentActivator  message appearing when trying to preview a topic has been previously discussed on the forum, but the solution offered only solves half of the problems that I am having.

Copying the eHlpDthm.js file from a blank project as suggested resolves the issue with the message appearing, but as one other user indicated in their post, any link in the topic that should display in an auto-sizing popup window does not appear. Copying the file does not resolve this problem for me. I used the View Source option when previewing a topic to look at the html code and noticed that the topic name in the path for the popup is replaced with an another name such as "rlt1F76" instead of "print_option." The name changes each time I preview the topic. Selecting the topic to display in a frame does not have the problem, only auto-sized and custom-sized popups.

I am using RoboHelp 10, specifically version 10.0.1.292.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Topics

HTML

Views

131

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you preview from RoboHelp the process creates a temporary version of the topic. Each of these is assigned rlt as the first three letters and the others seem to be arbitrary and random.

As for the popup issue, you are on version 10 of the application and that means you are two versions behind. Have you ensured that you have applied any updates? Check the link below for updates.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
New Here ,
May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Rick. I just find it odd that popups worked fine and then one day they didn't, likely the same day I got the HHComponentActivator message.

I had no idea the patches weren't installed when I clicked Updates on the Help menu. Applying the applicable updates had the following results:

  • The popup issue still is not fixed within RoboHelp, but it did make them work within the browser for the generated project, so at least a partial victory.
  • The HHComponentActivator message is back after regenerating the project, but I'll just copy the file from the blank project.
  • To my utter joy, I can now see the content in the side bar within IE 11 and the content actually loads in Google Chrome. This is huge because Windows kept forcing me to update the browser and I would have to spend time reverting, then be pestered with never-ending messages to update the system. Since I couldn't see the content in Chrome, I had no choice other than to deal with the update reminders.

I'll have to work on getting the company to update my RoboHelp, until then I'll limp on.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Captiv8r LATEST
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just find it odd that popups worked fine and then one day they didn't, likely the same day I got the HHComponentActivator message.

Indeed, such is the oddness encountered when a browser update suddenly changes that playing field and the RoboHelp code no longer knows how to handle the changes!

Cheers... Rick

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...