Hiding URL in Address Bar for Responsive HTML5 Azure Output

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am generating the output of a project in "Azure" based Responsive HTML5 Output. I will host it using FTP on a public URL. Suppose it will be documents.domain.com/index.html

By default, the Web browser is showing the complete URL of the topics in the address bar. For example, following URL is being displayed for "Topic1.htm".

documents.domain.com/index.html#t=Topic1.htm

For some reasons, I want to hide the complete URL and show only index.html or the parent domain name for all topics that is: documents.domain.com/index.html or documents.domain.com/

For my project, it is essential to use a Responsive HTML5 based Output and Azure is the most suitable theme for our project.

Please help me to fix this issue.

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Hiding URL in Address Bar for Responsive HTML5 Azure Output

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am generating the output of a project in "Azure" based Responsive HTML5 Output. I will host it using FTP on a public URL. Suppose it will be documents.domain.com/index.html

By default, the Web browser is showing the complete URL of the topics in the address bar. For example, following URL is being displayed for "Topic1.htm".

documents.domain.com/index.html#t=Topic1.htm

For some reasons, I want to hide the complete URL and show only index.html or the parent domain name for all topics that is: documents.domain.com/index.html or documents.domain.com/

For my project, it is essential to use a Responsive HTML5 based Output and Azure is the most suitable theme for our project.

Please help me to fix this issue.

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 19, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you will need to speak to Microsoft, Google and Firefox for starters.

With webhelp it is possible to call the help in what was referred to as a chromeless window. That is nothing to do with the Chrome browser but about the fact that the window did not have any trim (as in chrome on a car). That was something that had to be done by the developers.

I don't know if that is also possible with responsive help but it is something your developers would have to look into, unless someone here has done it. I have not seen any reports of others wanting to or having done that.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2018 0