Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlight changes in .chm output

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Is there a way to have changes highlighted in .chm output?

I have some changes I need a colleague to review and want to make it easy for them to see what the changes are.

Would track changes work for .chm output?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you marked-up changes in the topics? If you have marked them in your topics in RoboHelp, you could style it there cor CHM as well.

But … maybe it's better to set up an online review? Why would one want to do that through CHM?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the online review feature, will give that a try.

Regarding markup, I've inherited the content from another writer, the changes were not marked up, so I'd have to go back , turn on "track changes" I guess, and delete and add the content back to get the track changes highlighting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, just realized I have RoboHelp 2015, does the online review feature exist in RoboHelp 2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's a new feature in RoboHelp 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The nearest is you can set things up so that topics with changed content have a different icon. It does not flag what has changed but you can mark the text.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, how do I set up so changed topics have a different icon?

And what do you mean by "mark the text"? Using track changes, or conditional tags?

Can I get conditional tags to show in the chm output, but display in a different color perhaps?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To mark a topic as new right click it in the TOC and select the option shown. You will need to deselect when you no longer want the different icon.

image.png

Marking the text is up to your imagination.  One method I have used in the past is to apply a bright colour and prefix it.

### Changed text below.

The user can search for ### to find changes. Before you generate the final version you search on ### to make sure all the comments have been seen and removed.

I used to issue a Word document as that enabled the SME to suggest changes.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much Peter, good to know about the option of changing icon for items in TOC.

And I like the suggestion on how to mark up changes within topics, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp