• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I create three drop-downs so that the last 2 display in a list?

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to make this work so that I can display three drop-down menus in a row and upon output all three drop-down titles display and then I am able to see the drop-down text when editing. I am trying to use list and/or a multi-level list. I get various combinations. I can either see all three drop-down titles on output, but cannot see the drop-down text on editing or I cannot see all of the drop-down titles on output, but am able to see the drop-down text on edit. See the example of screens below.

Drop-down1.jpg

Below is the view when editing. Above is the view on output. Unable to see Views and Device Actions on output. However when I click Tree Actions all three display.

Drop-down2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

I don't really use them, but I would guess that you set up the 3 bullet points first and then position the insertion point after the first bullet and insert the first dropdown text, then close it and go on to the next bullet point, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you've got all three inside the first dropdown text hotspot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

How do I set it up so that all three are not in first dropdown text hotspot?

Thank you,

Rory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really use them, but I would guess that you set up the 3 bullet points first and then position the insertion point after the first bullet and insert the first dropdown text, then close it and go on to the next bullet point, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally got it to work. It worked to set up all three sub-bullets first, then set up the drop-down text. Thank you Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp