• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I find a folder and help topic that appear on output but not in RoboHelp?

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2019 version 2019.0.5

I have deleted a folder named Dropdown and the topic called First Topic in in RoboHelp. No sign of either of them any where.

DropDown3.jpg

However, when I generate output I get the DropDown folder with the First_Topic.htm (below).

DropDown4.jpg

I have deleted the First_Topic.htm and the DropDown folder from the Unified2 RoboHelp project folder, but when I go back and generate my html preset, both folder and First_Topic.htm re-appear!

I cannot find where RoboHelp is storing the deleted folder and First_Topic.htm file.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Peter,

It turns out that the problem was in one of my topics, that I was developing drop-down text. I was having trouble with that and actually created a separate project and sent the project to you. It was called DropDown. I just used the First_Topic in that project to develop the drop-down menus I was having trouble with. When I heard from you that there was nothing wrong with what I did I imported the First_Topic into my present project. Then I deleted that topic (or so I thought) and the fold

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted a folder named Dropdown and the topic called First Topic in in RoboHelp. No sign of either of them any where.

I can't work out how you have got a folder called Dropdown as shown in the File Explorer image. RoboHelp does not create any such folder and all you topic folders should be within Contents. Because your first image is clipped part way through Assets, I can see if a Dropdown folder is shown there but I assume not.

I have deleted the First_Topic.htm and the DropDown folder from the Unified2 RoboHelp project folder, but when I go back and generate my html preset, both folder and First_Topic.htm re-appear!

I cannot find where RoboHelp is storing the deleted folder and First_Topic.htm file.

I'm thinking because that folder is showing in File Explorer still, albeit not within Contents, it is creating confusion. Close RoboHelp, move that folder outside the project rather than delete it at this stage, then open RoboHelp again.

Let us know if that works.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

It turns out that the problem was in one of my topics, that I was developing drop-down text. I was having trouble with that and actually created a separate project and sent the project to you. It was called DropDown. I just used the First_Topic in that project to develop the drop-down menus I was having trouble with. When I heard from you that there was nothing wrong with what I did I imported the First_Topic into my present project. Then I deleted that topic (or so I thought) and the folder I had created (which I named DropDown. At any rate when I deleted the drop-down hyperlinks, everything was fixed. I am now rebuilding the drop-downs in my present project.

DropDown6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp