• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I keep TOC (drill-down) full view in different Desktop resolutions in RH HTML5 2015? I have tried changing resolution, but it doesn't work. It seems something has to do with the TOC itslef

Participant ,
Mar 27, 2016 Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- In 1st image (90% zoom), the topics are all displayed and you can navigate through with keeping the full view

- In 2nd Image, (100% zoom), clicking any topic takes you from the full view to the sub-topics.

I need to keep Image 1 view in different Desktop zooming..Any advice?

nooo.pngNodrill.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

In addition to Rick's suggestions, note that the TOC behaviour is a setting as well. For mobile and tablet, the TOC collapses by default, but you can get the Desktop behaviour for those devices as well. If you follow Rick's instructions, you'll also find a section called 'TOC (Tablet/Mobile)'. You can change the behaviour there.

2016-03-28_14-14-48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2016 Mar 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps try adjusting the Media Query settings?

From the Responsive HTML5 settings ( 1 ), ensure the General category ( 2 ) is selected and click the Customize ( 3 )  button followed by the Media Query ( 4 ).

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but this is has to do with mobile and tablet. My issue is with desktop across different zooming. I have also tried to change the Desktop resolution, but this doesn't  solve the problem as well..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I believe what you need to do is adjust the pixel value for Tablet so the value is smaller. Exactly what value to enter will require experimentation on your end.

What you are looking at in the image I shared are the pixel values where the breakpoints occur. Sure, it reads phone and Tablet. But I think all it really means is at what pixel point do I change the display as you depicted.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Rick's suggestions, note that the TOC behaviour is a setting as well. For mobile and tablet, the TOC collapses by default, but you can get the Desktop behaviour for those devices as well. If you follow Rick's instructions, you'll also find a section called 'TOC (Tablet/Mobile)'. You can change the behaviour there.

2016-03-28_14-14-48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet! Thanks for pointing that one out! I had no idea that was there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all. Actually, what Willam has mentioned is the solution. When you change resolution, it detects as you are in mobile or tablet view, so setting this option to "False" makes it have the Desktop TOC view in differnet resolutions. I have tried that early today with Adobe support and it works.

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp