• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I set the initial browser size for desktop to appear like the RoboHelp online help?

Explorer ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want my help window to operate just like Adobe's RoboHelp help: to open to what is essentially the phone resolution (including having the navigation controls at the bottom), but allowing the user to resize to typical desktop configuration. I tried just selecting Screen Profiles > Phone to my Screen Layout, but that produced bad results. I had to reimport the screen layout, because I could not seem to set it back to Desktop.

I'm on Windows 8 and using RoboHelp 11.0.4.291 and a custom screen layout.

Ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you are using a Multiscreen layout where the logic is that the help opens to whatever is determined by the user's screen resolution and the selected profile(s) and then stays the same.

With a responsive layout it opens according to the user's screen resolution and once opened on a PC the user can resize the window and that will adapt the layout. However, that is under the user's control.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp