• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I specify the default tab in a CHM Output?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company uses CHM-based help for some of its products. We build the CHM files from RoboHelp 9, and while these CHM files don't really have a full Index attached to them, the Index tab shows up in the output anyway. Unfortunately, we are suddenly seeing that when the CHM file is launched from our program, the Index tab is displayed by default. We'd rather have the Contents tab be the default look, especially considering that the Index does not exist.

I have poked around into how you can specify a default tab for a CHM file, and the only information I have found suggests that using a CHM file creates a file (HH.dat) that specifies which tab should be displayed on a user-by-user basis, and that the last tab displayed when you close the CHM should be the first one displayed when you re-open it. While this is true if you open the CHM independent from the product, when you launch it from our program, it's all Index, all the time.

So, my question is: How can I specify the default tab for a CHM file? Or, failing that, how can I excise the Index tab from my CHM output.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

This will be something up to your application developer to resolve. When s/he issues the call to open the CHM, there are parameters that may be used to always open with the desired tab "in front".

Point your developer to the link below and advise that s/he is most likely interested in the section titled: Programming Tips.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp