• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I tell RoboHelp8 that there is an older version of Word?

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I got the error message while trying to create a printed documentation that I should install an older Word Version but from 2000 and upwards. Now I have besides Word 2010 also Word 2003. But still Robo won´t refer to this. How can I tell Robo to do so?

I have Windows 7, 32bit, Office 2010 and Word 2003.

Thx so far

Janna Hennicke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp looks at the last version of Word used and I strongly suspect that was Word 2010. The message is wrong in that it does not specify the latest supported version, which is Word 2007.

Run Word 2003 and it will pop up a message it is reconfiguring. Let that run and allow Word to open. Close and try RoboHelp again.

When finished with RoboHelp, if you want Word 2010 back as the default version, you will have to run that and let it reconfigure.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this suggestion did not work. And I did not get a special configuration message.

Additionally, it gives the message "error while import [a word document] 0x80004005". So, also this way round it does not work.

Hm, I´m really out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you double click a Word document with the DOC extension (NOT DOCX), what version of Word does it open in?

Also

Additionally, it gives the message

What is "it"? Word or RoboHelp?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

that was a really good tip of you to check upon the Worddocuments. The thing is: He wants to open it in Word 2003 but an error message appears saying " The order can´t be send to the programm" - result is that Word2003 opens up but without showing a document.

And sorry: "It" means RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am beginning to suspect something is wrong with your dual installation of Word. That is not an error message I have seen or heard of and what I initially described is the way it should work. I have this set up on several machines and it works consistently.

I think you need to involve IT.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp