• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I upgrade RH 9 to more recent versions?

Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the company where I work for, we deal with RoboHelp 9.

I have been working at this company for less than a year, so I don't know exactly how they did to install it, but I know who did it.

We would like to upgrade RH 9, but the question is: Is it possible to upgrade RH 9 to RH 10, only by entering the Adobe ID that acquired its license?

I can't see it, because I don't have the password. But some workmates said maybe it is necessary to have another license of RH 10... I don't think it will be necessary, but I am not sure, that is why I am asking you. Do I need a new license or can we just upgrade to new versions by logging with our Adobe ID?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Is there many differences to newer versions of RH? I would like it could be more flexible, I mean, for improvements in searches and so on. I am used to RoboHelp 9, so I am still not aware about the updates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

There is now a subscription option but I don't believe it was an option

with Rh 9 so a new key will be needed, either for a perpetual licence or a

subscription.

The latter is a good option if upgrading regularly but maybe that's not the

case here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you are asking if it's possible to simply plug in an ID and Poof, you are upgraded, the answer is no. You will typically have to uninstall whatever version (9 in your case) and install the new version.

As with any software, newer releases bring better capabilities and overall improvements. Whether an upgrade is "worth it" is entirely dependent on how well your existing version is working for you and whether you see the enhancements as being useful. But that's generally speaking for any software. With RoboHelp, it's a bit different. Browsers are constantly evolving and RoboHelp evolves with them. So it's a good idea to always stay on top of upgrades with a tool like RoboHelp so you can ensure the outputs you create will continue to work as browsers evolve.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't understand yet.

I have to uninstall the current version and install whatever version (that's OK for me). My question is: do we have to purchase a new license key again? Can't we just use our same license in the newer version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not sure exactly where the confusion is. But when I read your first post, it seems you have RoboHelp 9. You want to upgrade it to a different version. Perhaps 10 or 11 or even 2015 Release. Each "key" is tied to the specific version. So if you have a key for version 9 and you want to upgrade to any newer version, you likely need to acquire (by purchasing) a new key.

The only confusion with that would be in the event you are using one of the newer "subscription" models Adobe offers. And I'm not sure they offer that yet for RoboHelp or TCS. I'm not sure how the licensing with keys and whatnot work for that type of setup.

Maybe someone else knows and will pop in to advise.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is now a subscription option but I don't believe it was an option

with Rh 9 so a new key will be needed, either for a perpetual licence or a

subscription.

The latter is a good option if upgrading regularly but maybe that's not the

case here.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp