• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I use single source images in text?

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp HTML 11, and I want to use single source images of icons in text, so that I have the ability to update the source image, as needed, and all instances of the image are updated automatically. The look is as follows:

inline.gif

I've tried snippets, but they force a paragraph return in the text which I don't want.

I tried inserting the source code for an image into a variable, but when I inserted the variable into the text, I got an error message in the text.

Is there a way to use variables to do this or some other method?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

I think inserting an image and selecting where that image is stored would be single-sourcing. Then when you update that image, it is updated throughout.

Insert > Image

(I use RH 10.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think inserting an image and selecting where that image is stored would be single-sourcing. Then when you update that image, it is updated throughout.

Insert > Image

(I use RH 10.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI there

The one possible drawback to this approach would be if the image size changes. You *MAY* find that saving a different sized image and replacing one would result in perhaps needing to visit each instance of the image and right-clicking and choosing "Reset Size".

I'm not sure why your variable failed with the image. Generally, it's simple to insert an image into the variable. I typically start the process by typing something like "XX" as the variable value. Then in the UDV pod, select the XX and replace it with the desired image.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp