• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I apply a div style?

Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble applying a Div style that I created. I can use the style successfully if I manually enter it in the topic HTML code, but can't figure out how to do the same thing in the UI.

Here's what I did when I tried to use the UI: I selected a paragraph in my topic, went to the Styles pod/Div styles, and double-clicked on the new style.

Result: nothing changed--no style added, no change to underlying HTML.

There must be an easier way than manual entry in the HTML code...could someone shine a light, please?

Thanks,

G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

I checked this out not too far back for someone else. It's an omission in the Design Editor that Adobe are now aware of.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps try dragging and dropping?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the lightning-fast reply, Rick!

Good idea, but no joy. The styles don't seem to be draggable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked this out not too far back for someone else. It's an omission in the Design Editor that Adobe are now aware of.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. I'm disappointed, but at least now I know I'm not losing my mind.

Cheers,

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread, but it seems that this is still an issue with RoboHelp 2020 Update 4.

5 years later, it doesn't seem like there is a way to apply a Div style directly from the UI.

To speed things up a bit, I keep a txt file open in Notepad++ with the Div styles I need. Saves me some typing, but definitely not as efficient as if I could just apply the Div style just like any other style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A slightly more convenient workaround until/if Adobe implements this.

Create the "template" as a snippet. When you want to use it, insert the snippet, then right-click on it and select Snippet > Convert to HTML Text. You might end up with two divs, but theoretically that shouldn't matter as only the inner one will get your class and the other one should be for all intents and purposes invisible.

Make sure you include a sample word inside the div, otherwise the interface is a bit flaky when trying to view and select the snippet to convert it to HTML.

Do note, I only have RH2019 available to me at the moment, but the above should be generally the same in RH2020.

You can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sylvio5FB7 Go to code view of your topic and type <div> and RoboHelp will add the closing tag. In between still in code view type some characters. Return to author view and click in the characters. The DIV tag will appear in the breadcrumbs. Click it and then apply the class from the Styles tab.

Adobe are aware this needs to be improved.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good information! Thank you all!

Indeed, I reckon this is not that big of a deal when you know how to setup a div in the code view. It's just an annoyance knowing that the UI could be more efficient for this specific task.

Is there a bug report or enhancement request somewhere that I could go upvote? I'm still familiarizing myself with the tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can go to https://tracker.adobe.com if you want but Adobe are aware of this issue and it is somewhere on their list.

Post the link to your bug report in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp