• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I build an output to display a document that has a parent TOC and no child. The parent does not display on output HTML5. I want the parent to display a word document.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2015: How to display a document that has a parent pon TOC and no child. Tthe parent does not display on output HTML5. I want to display a word document that contains hyperlinks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

I am not clear on what opening a Word document has to do with with TOC it is in. Most browsers will not allow a Word document to be opened and will require the user to download it, is that what you want?

Perhaps you could make the problem clearer and maybe add a screenshot to help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not clear on what opening a Word document has to do with with TOC it is in. Most browsers will not allow a Word document to be opened and will require the user to download it, is that what you want?

Perhaps you could make the problem clearer and maybe add a screenshot to help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

parent with no child.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

See if the video linked below helps you make this happen.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if you tried that link earlier and it failed. My web hosting provider made some changes overnight and it took me a while to get things sorted. It should be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works.

Now how can I have a Parent TOC (no child)  to display contents of word document that has hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be following the same instructions, only you are choosing a Word document instead of a PDF. However, the Word document doesn't automatically display. The user will be prompted with a window to either open or save the Word document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp