• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change color of glossary dialog

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generating Robohelp webhelp glossary using "Output Generator With Glossary Restyling script" (Tools > Scripts > WebHelp Pro).

Glossary item popup dialogs come up with a yellow background. How do I change this backgroup to white?

There is nothing in the default.css or style sheet that allows this customization.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using RH Server to host your WebHelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then there’s no point in creating WebHelp Pro – it’s specially formulated to work with RH Server – it’s not any “better” than WebHelp (which the “Pro” label leads people to think).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we do not generate to WebHelp Pro, but do wish to use that script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be choosing the “WebHelp Pro” in the “Select SSL to generate” selection – try grabbing “WebHelp” & see if that makes any difference. You may have to edit the script to play around with colours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would be helpful to know what version of RoboHelp is being used as well as seeing a screen capture of the options being discussed.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok folks, forget the WebHelpPro thing. That has nothing to do with my selections even though I did mistakenly indicate that in my opening statement. I am using RoboHelp 2015. Generating a glossary using Tools > Scripts > Output Generator with Glossary Restyling. Then I generate WebHelp output. The glossary term popups have a yellow dialog box. I would like customize these backgrounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It would appear that we need more information perhaps from Adobe before we might be able to advise how to cause the script to produce a different background color. I looked at the script and from what I can tell, if you choose the  it's using an activex control to handle this.

tmp2.png

And when I look at that code in the script editor I see this:

tmp3.png

So until we may hear from Adobe on how to change this, I think we are sort of "stuck" modifying output files.

Each of these glossary terms creates a new HTML file that contains the popup. For example, in my output folder here I have one topic and one popup.

tmp4.png

If I had several, I'd also see more that would end with ...text1.htm, text2.htm and so on.

And when I look at the HTML of this file I see this:

tmp5.png

So I think the best approach you can take at this point is to use a find and replace tool and search all your output HTM files for the text bgcolor="#fffco" and replace it with whatever color you are wanting to change it to.

Perhaps it's silver. If so, it would be bgcolor="silver".

Taking this approach will mean that each time you generate your output you will have to remember to perform the find and replace operation.

I would strongly suggest reporting to Adobe via the Wish Form and asking for the script to be modified if possible so that a color choice is presented. Use the link below for that.

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing this bit of the script should change the background colour for the popup option. You'd have to modify the version in the installation directory (something like Adobe Robohelp 11/RoboHTML/presets/scripts) or create a customised file and use the Browse option to run it. Creating your own version would be safer in that an update to RH wouldn't wipe out your change.

TextPopup.png

And information about the hhctrl TextPopup method:

TextPopup Method (Windows)

(Pulling up memories from about 1998. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2016 Aug 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! That is so cool! Totally in awe ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice job, Amber!

Curious how you managed to suss that. My own methods involved first performing a search for the color I needed to change. Which was #FFFFC0. And I note that before making any mods, the color seems to be transposed as C0FFFF. And that seems odd. Must be one of those programming logic things.

As far as saving the modified script, I find that if I just double-click the script to open it in the Script Editor I can save the changes directly from there and they seem to stick.

Again, huge kudos for sorting that! Swoon

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Script God(dess)!!

We're not worthy, we're not worthy [cue Wayne's World reference]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r I searched on hhctrl. And I seem to remember doing a lot of work with that while using HDK back in the dark ages.

LynnAIR​ Good luck!

Also note that if you are using the Tooltip option, the change is in a different place. search for AddHeadObjectToolTip (you can see it in the second screenshot Rick posted).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I made the change in the script but still am not able to get the popup to work. However, I am sure this is the solution. I just need to figure out what steps I am missing. Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo much !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp