• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I delete Index & Glossary in WebHelp output in Robohelp Reimagined 2019?

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would like to delete the "index" - and "glossary" tabs in the WebHelp output in Robohelp 2019 (reimagined). Does anybody know how to remove these?

webhelppic.PNG

Cheers,

K.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are talking about "Responsive HTML". Select your desired skin in the output preset and then click the pen icon to edit the skin. There, go to layout and disable "Show index" and "Show glossary". 

Layout.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The index terms, if any, will still be included in the search unless you also deselect Include Index in the preset.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really understand how to find those settings (that you're showing Karin) in the Responsive HTML, the only thing that's close to index and glossary looks like this:

Inkedpicpicpic_LI.jpg

But this doesn't make any difference and the tabs are still showing in the output. Should I make a new Responsive HTML output preset or where should I navigate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karin has shown you the Azure Blue layout open (tab selected top right) and where to change the layout settings. You have posted where to not include the index.

In Karin's screenshot, she has the leftmost icons contracted. If you do, click the double chevron to see what they all do. Click the one for Skins and open your skin to see it as Karin has shown.

To explain again, turning off the icons does not stop the index being part of the output. The user won't see it because you have removed the icon. However, unless you deselect Include Index the terms will be found by a search. So with Include Index selected but no icon, the user will not see the index but can still benefit from it.

Clear now?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thank you I finally figured out what you meant (new to robohelp, hence my slow comprehension).

Thanks!!

K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp