• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I display the topic status in the published topic

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using RoboHelp HTML 7. I would like to be able to set the Status of a topic to "Ready for Review" and then have that status visible in the topic when it is published, so that I can send the generated help files to reviewers/testers and they can see which topics are ready for review/test. Is there an easy way to do this?

I have a template which is applied to all the topics, but I can't understand if it is possible to add a field in the template that displays the topic status property. Can it be done? Or is there another way?

And, as an aside, is it possible to change the default Statuses? For example, to add "Ready for Translation" as a status option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Chris

I don't believe RoboHelp will expose any way to do that.

What comes to mind as a fairly simple solution would be to create an additional (and temporary) book in your TOC. Add any topics with the "Ready for review" status to the book. That way your reviewers would have rapid access in a single location and you wouldn't have to disturb the existing TOC Hierarchy.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or...you could create some new templates, each having their own Status label in the header or footer. You'd then reassign templates as the topic status evolved.

As an aside, renaming Status labels is available in RH8.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the community,

The functionality you are asking is not provided by RoboHelp 7. But RoboHelp 8 provides a very good support for writing user specific scripts. The specific need can be easily be fulfilled using the Scripting support in RoboHelp8. I have written a sample script file which does the work whatever was specified by you here. I am attaching the code for the script file along with this reply. If You dont have RH8, I really recommend you to download the trial version of RH8 and try out the new scripting feature provided with RH8. User can do many more things with scripting.
You just need to download the file provided in the link and go to the scripting pod in RH8 and import that jsx file in pod, right click on the imported script file and say Run script and this will do all the work what you said.

Again as you asked you can use this script to update the topic and generate the output and publish to the server in one go.( I have not added the generation code for the time being, but it is easy enough to do that as well).

You can modify this script as per your need and requirement. Do let me know of issues if any with script usage?

Sample Script File

-Praful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2010 Feb 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hoping Praful has subscribed to this topic so this reply ends up as an E-Mail message.

Hopefully you can assist someone in the Frame section with a scripting issue. Link to the post is below:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2586399#2586399

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2009 Feb 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Praful

How would you clear the text this adds to topics when you are ready to publish?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,
I have created another script file which will clear the status from the topics.
Please find the attached script file here

Sample Script For Clear Status

-Praful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I posted this yesterday evening when Praful was (should have been) tucked up in bed. I wake up this morning and find another script posted in response to my question.

Thank you very much.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp