• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I fix WebHelp created in RH 10 to behave in Edge Browser?

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three unique problems:
Index doesn't jump to correct place

Phone numbers are formatted as links

TOC disappers and I have to refresh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think we may need more information on this. Particularly the Index and TOC issues.

As for the phone numbers, I'm wondering if you are using the Skype add in? That normally allows clicking a phone number to open Skype and make a call.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you’re right about the phone # issue. RH10 webhelp is hosed when it tries to deal with Edge even after applying all the tweaks for browser security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt response.

When comparing an index in Firefox to an index in Edge, when I enter "P" in Edge it only jumps to the "C" words, but in FF, it jumps right to "P" with not issues.

Opening the Help initially, it all looks good, but if I use the Search or visit the Index and then go back to the TOC, all my books are missing, and I have to refresh to see it correctly.

Finally, yes, I think my Win 10 skype app is loaded. Is there any way to override the formatting of my phone numbers? I don't mind the link for users who want to call us, but I don't like the format colors, it doesn't match our existing style.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Well, the first thing to note is that only folks using the skype add in will see the numbers formatted as you are seeing. I'm going to crawl out on this shaky little limb and say that there isn't much you can do about it unless the add in itself allows for changing the appearance. Because what is happening is being done by the add in itself.

Strange behavior about the Index and TOC. For the index bit, I'm guessing you aren't seeing a condition where it's simply scrolling as far as it can and stopping, no?

Another thing to note is that newer computers have a higher resolution. Adobe Captivate refers to this as a "High Density Display". And when you look at the settings for your monitor, you see adjustments that allow you to control the size of things on the screen as shown below:

tmp1.png

If yours is set to 125% or anything other than 100%, perhaps try temporarily setting to 100% to see if anything changes in that regard?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick

Right you are, not everyone would see the formatted phone numbers, so I can live with that.

As far as the index, no, it jumps to "C" words, but nothing is highlighted. The index works properly if you do a smaller jump, say from A to C, but if you go from A to P (where my index has several hundred entries, it can't get there in Edge, seems to stall out in the C's.

My display is set to 100% so that is not a factor.

Appreciate all the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send a PM to Peter Grainge – he may have a fix for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only occasionally check PMs so best to post here. Any fixes for this type of issue will be on Willam's site at www.wvanweelden.eu

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help Peter.

I did find a patch on William's site that I will try.

Kind regards,

Rachel Gould

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp